Date: 3rd – 5th November 2021
Application Deadline: 31st October 2021
Why choose this course
The goal of the training on Result Based Management, Monitoring and Evaluation (RBM-M&E) is to give background knowledge, skills and practical experience necessary to allow participants to be capable of delivering knowledge and technical assistance to their communities and their partners/organizational staff. It also aims at improving management effectiveness and accountability by defining realistic expected results, monitoring progress toward the achievement of expected results, integrating lessons learned into management decisions and reporting on performances.
What you will learn
- Explain the concept of RBM and put it into practice by linking it with project designing, planning, implantation and evaluation phases.
- Use effective instructional methods.
- Deliver the training and technical assistance components of the Communities That Care system with fidelity.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of a certified trainer.
- Understand the philosophy and principles of RBM
- Develop Result Based Indicators, M&E plans for the identified projects.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Logical Framework Approach (LFA).
- Theory of Change and strategic results framework.
- Insights in different RBM frameworks (e.g. Logical Framework, Theory of Change).
- Be able to use the Logical Framework Approach in their own fields of work for the planning, implementation and monitoring of projects
- Understand how to apply Results-Based Management throughout the project cycle management.
- The implications of RBM for your organisation in terms of organisational capacity, and cooperation with key actors/ stakeholders
- The use of evidence from monitoring and evaluation in decision-making
- Ensuring quality and accountability in humanitarian and development programmes by focusing on CHS (Core Humanitarian Standards)
Waqqas Ali, Senior Result-based Monitoring and Evaluation Expert, Team Leader
Waqqas has more than 16 years of international experience from Europe, Africa and Asia for Islamic Relief, UNDP, WFP, OCHA, Care International, Welthungerhilfe and Cesvi INGOs. He has worked with Results-Based Management one way or the other continuously since 2014 starting as a planning and monitoring advisor in UNDP and subsequently working as a trainer and consultant establishing RBM systems in a long range of programmes and sectors both in Turkey as well as in the UK. He has extensive experience as a trainer using a wide variety of mixed learning tools, training managers and employees in ministries, municipalities, universities, international NGOs and the private sector in project management, participatory planning and monitoring, Theory of Change, Logical Framework on RBM approach, stakeholder analysis, RBM as a concept etc. Additionally, he is part of the Humanitarian Development Academy UK as a trainer and course coordinator. Since 2017, he has served as a consultant for the International Institute of Peace and Development Studies Bangkok, Thailand for International training of trainers on Result Based Management.